
And so I attended the 草蜢 concert at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on the 13November. To be honest, at first, it wasn't exactly a concert that I would flaunt about going.
A little history on why I wanted to go the concert in the first place. I was re-watching the episode on
康熙来了 where they seemed pretty entertaining enough. And true to the title, the three of them didn't seem to grow old. At.All. Further youtube searches, lead me to
this where they performed on 金曲奖 and they hardly look out of breathe. To add, my friend told me about their concert she attended last year in Genting, which she sweared that it was the best one ever. So piped by my curiosity, I went to source for fellow friends to go to the concert with. To my dismay, in trying to act young and refusing to admit that 草蜢 were from their era, they refused my invitation. So, in the end, I had to ask my sis to go with me (who readily agreed, btw).
So, there I was on the 13Nov at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. The crowd that attended was quite different from the crowd that I was usually more accustomed to at my Mayday/JJ concerts. They were significantly older. I even saw a mum bringing her baby to the concert! I was joking with my sis that I wonder if any fans would scream later during the concert (And yes they did!)
The concert started late (as usual). I'm not sure if it's just a Singapore thing because for my V6 concert in Taipei last year, the concert started right on the dot. No delays. If you're late, you're late. I'm hopping we'll be able to move towards this direction in future.
Anyway, the stage setup was quite minimal but the 3 guys totally blew the crowd away! They danced for the next 3 hours and hardly even panted. I was impressed. Yes, they sang alot of Cantonese songs, which I was not familiar with, but their vigor and energy was totally infectious and all the 老bengs/lians at the concert were totally shaking it with them.
They also did a few covers of songs by other artists like
孙燕姿 , classic beng
最爱, as well as
张震岳. Anyway, when they sang their
爱不怕, the crowd went wild! (Me included)
At the end of the concert, I totally trashed 4 clappers thing. My ears were ringing but mood was on a high. I've to say, it was one of the better concerts that I've been to. I was thoroughly impressed with the 3 guys. 脸不红,气不喘!Amazing!
Rating:
* * * 0.5 / 5
Labels: Concert, Grasshopper, Indoor Stadium, 草蜢